The Cisco 2017 Annual Cyber Security Report
The Cisco Annual Cyber Security Report analyses threat intelligence and trends from cyber criminals and security professionals in the industry.
A key section of the report is the 2017 Security Capabilities Benchmark Study that surveys security professionals within the industry, from over 2900 organisation across 13 countries. The study reveals how professionals perceive security within their organisations.
Want to read the full report? Sign me up!
Key findings from the report
- Organisations impacted by cyberattacks are experiencing loss of business and in some cases, revenue declines of more than 25%
- The top constraints to adopting advanced security products and solutions, according to the benchmark study, are budget, product compatibility, certification, and talent.
- The Cisco 2017 Security Capabilities Benchmark Study found that, due to various constraints, organizations can investigate only 56 percent of the security alerts they receive on a given day. In addition, 44% of Security Operations managers see more than 5,000 security alerts per day.
- Top constraints preventing business from adopting advanced security are budget, compatibility, certification, and talent.
- Nearly quarter of organisations that suffered and attack lost business opportunities. Four in ten said losses were substantial, one in 5 lost customers due to the attack, and 30% lost revenue
Conclusions from the report
- Cyber criminals operate in an expanding threat landscape created by the explosive growth of online devices and internet traffic.
- Organisations need to focus on reducing the operational space of their attackers using and interconnected and integrated approach.
- Defenders should adapt their security approaches to stay ahead of attackers’ basic processes.
Want to know more about Cisco security solutions and how they can protect your network? Please contact Axonexback to news