Inspiretec are a leading travel and technology partner, and a primary supplier of specialist Tour Operator systems to prominent brands such as Thomas Cook, Turquoise Holidays, Alpine Elements and The Travel Network Group. Having reached their 5 year refresh point, Inspiretec wanted a new best in class and contemporary infrastructure to deliver their three key expansion drivers:
1. A scalable design to meet the demands of future growth plans.
2. A ‘Private Cloud’ platform not bound by hardware or software lock-in, and providing commodity computing for enterprise applications and mobile staff.
3. A reduction in the data centre footprint of physical space, cost, management, and complexity.
Recognising Cisco as No. 1 in the Blade Server market, Axonex were recommended to Inspiretec as an experienced data-centre partner. Building the proposal on the Reference Architecture ‘VSPEX.’ Combining Cisco UCS Compute, and Cisco Nexus ultra-low latency switching with EMC storage, the design delivered on Inspiretec’s key drivers:
- Scalable for growth ambitions. Unifying compute, storage access, networking, and virtualisation into a single platform ensures Inspiretec can easily scale up or out without disruption.
- Simplified management. A ‘single pane of glass’ Management platform through UCS Director and policy management to reduce the risk of human errors and delays. This provides direct control over Cisco UCS and Cisco Nexus, and with deep API integration of EMC and VMware.
- Reduced maintenance and management costs. Streamlining the number of vendors involved and their data centre resources by reducing the number of devices requiring set-up, management, power, cooling, and cabling.
A design ratified by both Cisco and EMC provided confidence to Inspiretec in a robust platform. Further flexible payment options enabled Inspiretec to remove risk from the investment, and allow the platform to expand exactly when the business needed it.
''Axonex have transformed our guest and user experience. It’s an un-written rule that users expect fast and reliable internet access, and now we deliver on that expectation. Operating from the cloud means we can manage all EU sites centrally, and protect our investment with integration of new sites in the future''